Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Scoble is using Firefox.  The browser wars are back again.


Mozilla leader says Microsoft doesn't care


Ars Technica interviews Mozilla.com's Scott Collins.


"Microsoft is a juggernaut, a terrible enemy to have. Terrible because they just don't care, they don't have to care — it's like the mosquito on the elephant. So, no, I don't think having Microsoft as an enemy or having them come out ahead of us made us hungrier. For some people, that's probably true, but I think people are driven by their own individual motivations."


Well, you can say a lot of things about us, but saying we don't care? Not in my experience. Every Microsoft employee I meet cares deeply about what they are doing. I wish I could give Scott a tour of campus. Heck, Scott, just watch the videos I've been putting up on Channel9. Are those the voices of people who don't care about what they do?


And, I know quite a few of the people on the IE team. They are not happy at all that I'm using Firefox. Whenever I have lunch or a meeting with someone on the IE team they ask me "how can we get you back?"


Is that the sentiment of people who don't care about what they are doing?


[via Scobleizer: Microsoft Geek Blogger]