Sunday, February 05, 2006

More About Lasermonks : Laser Monks, Real Savings. Real Monks. Supporting Real People.

Unfortunately they don't ship to Canada, so I will have to stick with Bestbuy for now, until I can find a monastery up here...

About Lasermonks : Laser Monks, Real Savings. Real Monks. Supporting Real People.: "All I wanted was a little bit of black dust for one of our monastery printers. In my search for a toner cartridge, I was suddenly struck with how incredibly expensive this black dust and a few squirts of ink were. 'There must be a better way,' I said to myself.And so began my foray into the world of imaging supplies. What I discovered was a revelation. Simply stated, the mark-up on ink supplies is sinfully high, reaching in some instances into the 1,000-2,000 % levels. I also discovered that there were many companies that manufactured either new compatible cartridges or remanufactured cartridges at a fraction of the cost of the big name brands. My thoughts starting racing. Imagine the money we could save schools, churches, and other organizations if we could negotiate some deals with the manufacturers directly and cut out the middlemen."

...
The manufacturers were elated with the possibilities. They immediately said we should market not only to schools, churches, and other non-profits, but especially to businesses. "Look, you're monks. You have an image and long tradition of being trustworthy and providing top quality products. You're offering a great product at a great price. Once people hear about you, it's an easy decision. Why would anyone pay more money, when they can have quality products for less, from monks who use the income to help others?"
..


From our modest sales in the first year, our sales mulitpied 700% in 2003. We conservatively project doubling or tripling this year. Our customers typically save 30% - 60% through LaserMonks. At only 40% savings, LaserMonks saved our customers over $200,000 last year.