Here are my predictions of devices and technologies that will become mainstream in 2008 (because I want them).
- A cheaper Optimus Maximus keyboard
- Quality 42" televisions for under $1k
- Cheap High def projectors
- e-Ink eBook Readers (better than Kindle or Sony)
- Mood clothes for women
- Mood response clothes for men (to project complementary emotions to women)
I received a USB-Hub with Notepad & Mood Light from Microsoft last week. Now, it doesn't actually detect your mood from what I can tell, but it does attract attention. I'm thinking mood-clothes with texting capabilities are the next big thing.
These technologies are sort of fringe, but are probably going to get developed a bit further to something mainstream and maybe even adopted by the general public next year.
- Mind-reading technology (that at least picks up positive or negative signals)
- Event-driven Cancer detector (that uses wireless nanotechnology combined with microscopic gold flecks to reflect signal)
- Clothes that change colour based on your blood alcohol level (or blood sugar level for diabetics)
- Heart-attack GPS alert that sends alert to paramedics
- Neuroeconomic Marketing tools (that influence your purchases based on an analysis of your brain's decision-making capabilities.)
- The Men in Black Mind Eraser - using Neuroplasticity regenerator
- Wii Mario with wii-brain - Brain-computer interface to play Mario.
- DIY Supercomputer scavenging the cpu cycles of your old PCs and whatever else is connected to the network
- Holographic 3D television
- Simple desalinization of water from the world's oceans will be possible.
- Cheap and safe methods of cooking will become available to the people who need it the most.
- Cheap and easy ways to harness wind power from the blowing trees themselves.
- Cheap and safe personal flight transportation
- Anything with Nano or Neuro in the name will be hot.
- Health Care, Alternative Food Sources, changes to currency, and Alternative Energy will be the hot topics of 2008.
These technologies just scare the heck out of me.
- Ion Colliders that may or may not destroy the universe next year, or at least the Earth in seconds.
- Voting machines, no explanation necessary.
- Seed vaults which will be discovered millions of years from now by intelligent dinosaurs.
- Program Trading that could tank the stock market just from one blue screen of death.
Invent something in 2008 with Phidgets.
Create art with NewMindSpace.
Get started building your own Optimus Maximus keyboard, for the low, low price of $5,500. (or just buy it above for under $500)