Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gadgets for 2008

Here are my predictions of devices and technologies that will become mainstream in 2008 (because I want them).

I received a USB-Hub with Notepad & Mood Light from Microsoft last week.  Now, it doesn't actually detect your mood from what I can tell, but it does attract attention.  I'm thinking mood-clothes with texting capabilities are the next big thing.

These technologies are sort of fringe, but are probably going to get developed a bit further to something mainstream and maybe even adopted by the general public next year.

These technologies just scare the heck out of me.


Invent something in 2008 with Phidgets.

Light something with LED Shoppe or  PhotonLights.

Create art with NewMindSpace.

Get started building your own Optimus Maximus keyboard, for the low, low price of $5,500.  (or just buy it above for under $500)

Screenkey Downloads Section - Programmable LCD key switches with multi-colour LED backlighting