Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Create an e-annoyance, go to jail

Create an e-annoyance, go to jail | Perspectives | CNET News.com: "Buried deep in the new law is Sec. 113, an innocuously titled bit called 'Preventing Cyberstalking.' It rewrites existing telephone harassment law to prohibit anyone from using the Internet 'without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy.'"

I really wish I was a lawyer in the States. Good thing nobody reads this blog....

wavesmash....<-scrapes fingers down chalkboard->

Web sites that annoy me.
#1 Microsoft. When will the marketing speak disappear and be replaced with an actual forum on problems & resolutions? How about top 100 bugs of the month and what they're doing to fix them?
#2 Google. Why do I have to type in my search terms. With so much money, can't they just invent something I can think into?
#3 iTunes. Well, not just the web site, but also the application. How come I have broken links to my MP3s?? How come I can't just delete a song off my disk? What happened to the border around the application? What are all these services in memory?

I'm grasping at straws here.. nothing much really annoys me right now, except dumb laws like the one above.